Rava Laddu a popular and traditional Indian sweet is made using Semolina, sugar, coconut, milk and cardamom. I have already blogged the recipe for Rava Laddu. In today’s recipe we give a make over for Rava Laddu by replacing sugar with condensed milk. The addition of condensed milk makes these laddu’s that much richer and tastier!
Check out my other laddu recipes-
Rava Laddu with Condensed Milk Recipe:
(Yields about 20 Laddu)
- Rava (semolina)- 1 1/2 cups
- Fresh grated coconut/ Dessicated Coconut -3/4th cup
- Sweetended Condensed milk (Milkmaid) – 1 cup or more for a more sweeter laddu
- Ghee- 4 tbsps
- Milk- 1 tbsp
- Cardamom pods – 3, crushed to a fine powder
- A handful of Cashews and Raisins
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and fry the cashews and the raisins until pale brown. Set a side.
- If using freshly grated coconut – In the same pan add a tablespoon of ghee and fry the freshly grated coconut till it turns pale brown. Remove.
- If using desiccated coconut, you can skip step 2.
- In the same pan, add the remaining ghee and fry the rava till it turns light brown. It’s very important to roast the rava in a low flame.
- Now add in the coconut, cardamom powder and fried cashews and raisins to the roasted rava.
- Add the condensed milk and regular milk. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Let stand for five minutes.
- If needed grease your hands with ghee and try forming a laddu.
If you feel the laddu is not sweet enough, you can add more condensed milk or some powdered sugar to the laddu.