Akki rotti aka Rice flour rotti is a unique breakfast recipe from Karnataka. Its equally popular as a evening snack and also as a lunch box recipe
Often i pack these rotti’s for lunch to my kids. I add some curd/yogurt in the dough to keep the rotti softer. I also make small and slightly thicker rotti’s so its easy for my little ones to eat at school.
Check out my Oats Chayote Rotti
Akki Rotti Recipe:
- In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the yogurt and mix.
- Now add water little at a time to get a dough slightly softer than the chapathi dough..
- Put some oil evenly on the tava or pan.
- Take some dough and try spreading it evenly on a greased banana leaf or a plastic sheet. Spread it evenly to form a flat disc. Some water can be used in helping spread the dough
- Put a tsp of oil around the rotti and cook on both sides till the rotti turns golden brown in color.
- Add a dollop of ghee before serving.