Aam Panna, a refreshing and tasty summer drink from India. Sharing the no boil method of making aam panna with fresh mango, mint and dates.
What is Aam Panna?
Aam is the Hindi name for Mango and Aam Panna is a summer drink made in India to beat the high temperatures. It is usually made with boiled raw mango, sugar and cumin powder.
Today I am sharing the recipe of Aam Panna which doesn’t require any cooking of the mango. Firm but ripe mango are blended with fresh mint, cumin, black salt and dates to make a cooling and refreshing drink.
Lightly sweetened drink which cools your palette in the summer months.
Step by Step Instructions:
Add the chopped mango, mint, pitted dates, cumin seeds, black salt and cold water to a blender.
Blend until smooth. Taste and add more dates if you like it sweeter.
Before serving add more water to adjust the consistency. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator. Stays fresh for 2-3 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
I use ripe mango, but a firm one. You don’t want to use too ripe mango for this recipe.
Yes, just increase the amount of dates used.
Yes, you may.
More Healthy Drinks –
Aam Panna (without boiling)
- 1 medium ripe mango
- ½ cup fresh mint (pudina)
- 6 soft large dates adjust according to your taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon black salt
- ½ lemon
- 3 cups water ( add more water while serving to adjust the consistency)
- Add the chopped mango, mint, soft pitted dates, cumin seeds, black salt, lemon and cold water to a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and add more dates if you like it sweeter.
- If desired, thin it out with more water. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator till you are ready to serve. Stays fresh for 2-3 days.