Last Updated on
Barley, kale and black bean salad recipe– This is a very colorful and wholesome salad. This barley salad is inspired from the flavors of south west cuisine. Barley, veggies and black beans are tossed in a sweet and spicy chilli lime vinaigrette. The combination of sweet and spice really goes well in this salad. The much needed crunch for the salad comes form the toasted peanuts.Barley, kale and black bean salad is a great recipe for lunch and dinner.
Kale in this salad can be replaced with any spinach as well. You can also use a jalapeño for the green chili. You can also skip the peanuts to make it a nut free recipe.
If you are looking for a light salad, check out my cherry tomato cucumber salad
Barley , kale and black bean salad video recipe-
Barley, kale and black bean salad detailed recipe–
- Cooked Barley -1/2 cup
- Kale-1 cup
- Black beans-1/3rd cup
- Bell pepper -1/4 cup ( any color is ok)
- Snap peas-1/4 cup
- Spring onion- 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Toasted peanuts -1/4 cup
- Chill lime vinaigrette-
- Olive oil- 2 tsps
- Lime juice-3 tsps
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Chopped green chilly (or jalapeño) -1/2 tsp
- Crushed black pepper -1/4 tsp
- Honey -1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- For the chilli lime vinaigrette, combine all the ingredients in a mason jar until. Well incorporated. Add the vinaigrette to the salad.
- To make the salad-
- Add all the veggies, greens,black beans and peanuts in a deep bowl. Add the vinaigrette. Toss well.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.