If you are looking for more Salad recipes, do check my
Black Bean Jicama Salad:
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: Nil | Serves : 4 -5
Author : Madhavi
Recipe Type: Salad
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup of chopped Jicama
- 1/2 cup of chopped cherry tomato ( or any tomato of choose)
- 1/4th cup Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1/4th cup Finely chopped Onion
- Finely chopped Jalapenos to taste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Cilantro
- 1/4th tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- Black Pepper to taste and
- Salt to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, cumin powder, pepper and salt.
In a large bowl add the rinsed and drained black beans, chopped Jicama, cherry tomato, green bell pepper, onion, jalapeno and cilantro.
Mix the olive oil dressing in the bean salad. Gently toss the salad till all the beans and veggies are coated with the dressing.
Check for seasoning and Serve.
Tastes best when eaten fresh. Can be made at least 3 hrs ahead and stored in the refrigerator.Let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes before serving.