Last Updated on
- Dry black chickpeas( nalla sanagalu/ kala chana)- 1cup ( soak over night and cooked in pressure cooker till soft, but still holding its shape)
- Green chilles chopped – 2
- Small Onion- 1 chopped
- Few Cilantro( coriander) & Curry leaves
- Fresh lemon juice
- Grated coconut- 2 tsps
- Salt to taste
- Cook the Soaked chickpeas in half teaspoon of salt.
- Do the tempering by adding two teaspoons of oil, few mustard seed, half teaspoon of chana dal, green chille, hing and onion. Cook till onion becomes soft. Add the cooked black chick peas and salt. Mix and cook for anothet five minutes.
- Finally add some grated coconut and fresh lemon juice.
Note: You can skip the onion if you are making for prasadam.