Last Updated on
Broccoli which comes from cabbage family is packed with Vitamin C and dietary fiber. Yellow Moong dal provides a great source of complex carbohydrates, protein and fiber. I combined these two to make a simple whole some stir fry. Goes well with rice.
Broccoli Moong dal Stir Fry:
- Broccoli florets- 2 cups
- Yellow Moong dal – 1/4th cup
- Ginger piece – 1/2 Inch chopped fine
- Coriander powder- 1/4 th to 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Oil- 2 tsps
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Chanan dal- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Cook the moong dal in plenty of water. We are looking for the dal to be cooked but still holding its shape. It should not become mushy. Drain the excess water and set a side.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds. Once the mustard pops add the chana dal, cumin seeds and ginger. Fry for few seconds.
- Add the broccoli florets and a pinch of salt. Sprinkle some water and close the lid.
- Cook till broccoli is tender, about five to seven minutes.
- Add the cooked moong dal, coriander powder, red chilly powder, salt and lemon juice.
- Combine well and stir fry for few more minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice and rasam to make a complete meal.