Last Updated on
Broccoli which comes from cabbage family is packed with Vitamin C and dietary fiber. Yellow Moong dal provides a great source of complex carbohydrates, protein and fiber. I combined these two to make a simple whole some stir fry. Goes well with rice.
Broccoli Moong dal Stir Fry:
- Broccoli florets- 2 cups
- Yellow Moong dal – 1/4th cup
- Ginger piece – 1/2 Inch chopped fine
- Coriander powder- 1/4 th to 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Oil- 2 tsps.
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Chanan dal- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cook the moong dal in some water till soft but holding its shape. Drain the excess water and set a side.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds. Once the mustard pops add the chana dal, cumin seeds and ginger. Fry for few seconds.
- Add the broccoli florets and a pinch of salt. Sprinkle some water and close the lid.
- Cook till broccoli is tender, about five minutes.
- Add the cooked moong dal, coriander powder, red chilly powder, salt and lemon juice.
- Combine well and stir fry for about two minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with rice.