Last Updated on
Chocolate dipped strawberry’s are tasty and relatively healthy dessert.
Chocolate covered strawberry’s-
( recipe yields about 12 chocolate dipped strawberry’s)
- Strawberry’s- 12
- Chocolate chips-1/2 cup
- Heavy cream- 1 1/2 tbsp (skip the cream if you want the chocolate to get hardened, see note)
- Crushed almonds ( optional)
- Wash and dry the strawberry’s.
- Easy way of doing it is melting them in the microwave or take the chocolate chips and cream in a double boiler by placing the chocolate and cream in a bowl set over simmering water. Melt the chocolate and remove from heat.
- Dip the strawberry’s half way through in the sauce. Take them out and place on a parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberry’s.
- If adding chopped almonds- after the strawberry’s are dipped in chocolate, sprinkle them with the chopped nuts before placing them on the parchment paper.
- Transfer the chocolate covered strawberry’s to the refrigerator. Let them rest for at least an hour before serving.
- If you use the cream chocolate dipped strawberry’s are not as hardened.
- If you like the chocolate to get hardened skip the cream.
Recipe courtesy: Ina Garten