Last Updated on
coconut ladoo recipe with condensed milk, detailed recipe and step by step pictures– coconut ladoo is a quick and easy Indian sweet made in 10 minutes. the two main ingredients which go into making this laddu is desiccated coconut (dry coconut) and sweetened condensed milk. condensed milk is popularly called milk maid over the Indian sub continent.The laddu tastes great with just these two ingredients. I have added crushed cardamom and pistachio for nice aroma and crunch.
The traditional way of making laddu is by combining milk, fresh coconut and sugar and cooking in low flame This method usually takes more time to make. This is the instant version of the coconut laddu recipe. The creaminess comes from the sweetened condensed milk, which is made by cooking sugar and milk and reducing it to a creamy consistency.
Personally I love condensed milk and use it often in my desserts. Have you checked out my other condensed milk desserts.
Sweetened condensed milk recipes from my blog-
coconut ladoo takes less than 10 minutes to make. its a perfect recipe for last minute preparation. its a great sweet recipe to make during Diwali, puja at home or for any indian festival season.
Though the recipe for making coconut laddu is very simple, few things to keep in mind before making the ladoo-
the desiccated coconut should be very fine. If the coconut is coarse, grind it till you get a fine mixture. If you decide to use fresh coconut, slightly roast the coocnut with a tea spoon of ghee before making the sweet. The amount of condensed milk i have used gives just enough sweetness to the ladoo. You can little more condense milk , if you prefer to the sweeter side.
If you are looking for more quick and easy Indian sweets, please do check out my other recipes-
coconut ladoo recipe with condensed milk video-
coconut ladoo recipe with condensed milk recipe chart-
- desiccated coconut / dry coconut – 2 cups (175 gms) + 1/4 cup for rolling
- sweetened condensed milk ( milk maid) – 3/4 cup ( 220 gms)
- cardamom pods – 2 (powdered)
- Few pistachios for garnish
- In a pan, add the condensed milk and desiccated coconut.
- Mix well and cook on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
- The picture should get slightly thick and come together,
- Check for the sweetness and adjust.
- Add the crushed cardamom.
- Mix well and turn off the stove.
- Slightly cool the mixture and make round balls. You should get about 11-12 ladoos.
- Roll the ladoo with desiccated coconut and garnish with a pistachio.
coconut ladoo recipe with condensed milk step by step photos-
In a pan, add the sweetened condensed milk.
Add the desiccated coconut.
Mix well and cook on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
The mixture should get slightly thick and come together. Check for the sweetness and adjust.
Add the crushed cardamom. Mix well and turn off the stove.
Slightly cool the mixture and make round balls. You should get about 11-12 ladoos.
Roll the ladoo with desiccated coconut and garnish with a pistachio.
Garnish the coconut ladoo with a pistachio.