Quick and easy Nuts and Coconut ladoo sweetened with Jaggery. This refined sugar free sweet can be made in 10 minutes and make for a tasty treat for the festive season.
I am a huge of Indian desserts which are made with jaggery. Some of our favorite Indian desserts sweetened with jaggery are Almond Flour Ladoo, Flax Seed Ladoo, and Ukadiche Modak.
In Andhra we made laddu with fresh coconut and jaggery. We call them Kobbari laddu. This recipe is very similar to that but with the addition of nuts.
The best part about these Coconut Jaggery ladoo are- you just add everything, mix and cook. No checking of one string consistency for the jaggery is needed.
These Coconut Ladoo with jaggery and nuts
- uses simple pantry ingredients
- gets done in 10 minutes
- easy to make with just 6 ingredients
- great to make for Ganesh Chaturthi, Navratri or Diwali
Coconut – fresh grated coconut or thawed frozen coconut can be used. If using fresh coconut, do not use the brown part.
Jaggery – you can use block jaggery or jaggery powder.
Nuts – almonds and cashew are used
How to make Nuts & Coconut Jaggery Ladoo –
1- Cut the fresh coconut to pieces, remove the brown parts and grind them fine powder.
2- Measure the nuts and finely chop them with a knife.
3 & 4 – In a pan heat one teaspoon of oil and add the coconut. Saute for a minute ( not more than that).
5 & 6- Now add the powdered jaggery and finely chopped nuts. Mix it well.
7 & 8 – Add ⅓rd cup of water and cook the mixture for 7-9 minutes in low flame.
8 – The mixture should be moist but slightly thick. Add one teaspoon of ghee and mix.
9- Add cardamom powder, mix it and let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.
10- Make the laddo, you should get about 9-10 ladoo with this measurement.
11- Optional – you can coat the ladoo with crushed pistachio.
12- Enjoy ladoo warm or cold. Both ways it tastes equally good.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Since they are made with fresh coconut, they will stay fresh for 2 days outside and one week in the refrigerator.
I wouldn’t recommend it. The ladoo will become very hard after it cools as it doesn’t have enough moisture in them. Here is a coconut ladoo recipe made with sweetened condensed milk.
You can just use one type of nut.
Yes, skip ghee and add coconut oil.
More Easy Ladoo Recipes –
If you tried these Nuts & Coconut Jaggery Ladoo, do share your feedback in the comment section below. For more recipes, follow me on Facebook and Instagram.
Coconut Ladoo with Jaggery and Nuts
- 1 ½ cups fresh ground coconut ( brown parts removed)
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup cashew
- 1 cup powdered jaggery
- 2 teaspoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 4 cardamom pods, powdered
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoon crushed pistachio ( optional)
- Cut the fresh coconut to pieces, remove the brown parts and grind it to fine powder.
- Measure the nuts and finely chop them finely with a knife.
- In a pan heat one teaspoon of oil and add the coconut. Saute for a minute ( not more than that).
- Now add the powdered jaggery and finely chopped nuts. Mix it well.
- Add ⅓rd cup of water and cook the mixture for 7-9 minutes in low flame.
- The mixture should be moist but slightly thick. Now add one teaspoon of ghee and mix. If you take a small portion of the mixture you should be able to form laddu.
- Add cardamom powder, mix it and let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- You should get about 9-10 ladoo with this measurement.
- Optional – you can coat the ladoo with crushed pistachio.
I just made these ladoos and they are so good! I used only chopped almonds and reduced the jaggery to about half. I also added about half a cup of almond meal as I still found them too sweet. Finished the ladoos by coating them with almond meal as well.
Nice Amita, thank you for sharing your feed back!
Can’t wait to try. No need for a pinch of salt?
I didn’t add any salt. But you can definitely add a pinch of salt, it will balance the over all taste.