Last Updated on
Cracked wheat aka Godhuma rava Vangibath is fairly common recipes in our place. Generally we make this vangibath using Chayote but today i used orange bell pepper. Also added a cup of frozen mixed veggies. It worked great.
- Cracked wheat- 1 cup
- Big Bell pepper ( any color is ok, I used orange)- 1
- Green beans, carrot, peas and corn- about 1 cup total
- Vangi bath powder- about 2 tsps (recipe follows)
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt o taste
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish.
Vangi bath masala powder:
- chana dal- 3 tsp
- urad dal- 3 tsp
- fenugreek (methi seeds)- about 4 seeds
- dry coconut- 3 tsps
- red chillies- 5 to 6
- jeera (cumin)- 1 tsp
- coriander seeds- 1 tsp
- cloves- 2
- cardamom- 1
- cinammon stick- a small piece
Fry all the above ingredients in 1 tsp oil. Grind to a smooth paste and use 2 tsps of this mixtue for the vangi bath.
- First cook the cracked wheat with 2 1/4 th cup of water in a rice cooker. After it is cooked, remove the lid and let it dry for few minutes.
- Meanwhile take a skillet, add 2 tbsps of oil. when the oil gets hot add 1 tsp of mustard seeds. Once the mustard pops, add a tsp of Chana dal and fry for few seconds. Then add the curry leaves, a
pinch of hing, all the veggies and half tsp of salt. . Sauté till the veggies get soft.
- Add the vangibath bath powder , mix and cook for a minute.Turn off the heat.
- Add the cooked cracked wheat to this mixture, necessary salt, lemon juice and fresh coriander leaves. Mix well. Its ready to be served.