Pan roasted cherry tomatoes are served in 4 different ways on a toasted crostini. These are vegetarian and can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch and as an appetizer.
Looking for more Appetizer ideas? Then do check my 7 Layer Dip, Masala Fries Air Fryer, Crescent Samosa, Masala Smashed Potatoes and Cheese and Garlic Pull Apart Bread.
1- Make the pan roasted cherry tomatoes with garlic and red chili flakes.
2- Spread the toasted bread with either goat cheese, pesto, avocado or cottage cheese and top them with the cherry tomato mixture.
You can make the roasted tomatoes, pesto and cottage cheese spread a day in advance.
What kind of bread to use?
You can either use baguette or French stick. Thinly slice them and toast the sliced baguette with little olive oil till crisp.
Pan Roasted Cherry Tomato
In a skillet on low heat 3 tablespoons of oil and add 6 thinly sliced garlic, rosemary, and 1 teaspoon of chili flakes. Fry for a minute. Now in medium heat add halved cherry tomato, and cook for 7-8 minutes. Add salt when the tomatoes were half way cooked. The tomato should be slight soft but not mushy.
Spread crostini with either softened goat cheese, avocado, pesto or cottage cheese spread and pile it with pan roasted cherry tomato.
Bring the goat cheese to room temperature for easy spread.
Add lemon juice generously to the avocado to help them from not turning brown.
Frequently Asked Questions
Baguette slices, store bought crostini, on toasted sour dough bread.
If you tried this recipe, please take a moment to give a star rating below. For more recipes and to see what’s cooking in my kitchen, follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
4 ways Crostini Dip (with roasted cherry tomato)
- Baguette slices, toasted
Pan Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 heaping cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoon red chili flakes or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary
1: Goat cheese
- Softened goat cheese as needed
- homemade or store bought pesto
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
4: Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 4 sliced pickle jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Toast the sliced baguette with little olive oil till crisp.
PAN ROASTED CHERRY TOMATO
- In a skillet on low heat add 3 tablespoons of oil and add 6 thinly sliced garlic, rosemary, and 1 teaspoon of chili flakes. Fry for a minute. Now in medium heat add halved cherry tomato, add salt when the tomatoes were half way cooked. Cook for 7-8 minutes just till the tomatoes start releasing their juices. Let the tomatoes cool a bit before serving.
- Leave the goat cheese on the counter top for 1-2 hours for it to soften. That helps in spreading the cheese easily on the bread.
- Use your favorite store bought or homemade pesto sauce.
- Smash the avocado and add salt, lemon juice and black pepper.
- To 1 cup of cottage cheese add thinly sliced pickled jalapeno, black pepper, salt, parsley and basil. Mix it well. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Spread crostini with either goat cheese, avocado, pesto or cottage cheese and pile it with pan roasted cherry tomato.
- Serve immediately!
Leave a Reply