Last Updated on
Please do check out my new youtube cooking channel where i share simple, healthy short videos- Madhu’s Everyday Indian
Dill Leaves Dal | Sabsige Soppu Dal recipe chart-
- Toor dal/Tuvar Dal- 1/2 cup
- A Big bunch of dill leaves finely chopped
- Medium Onion- 1 chopped thin
- Garlic cloves – 2 thinly sliced
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Turmeric- 1/4 th tsp
- Saaru Podi/ sambar powder- 1 1/2 tsps
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Jaggery- 1/4th tsp
- Oil- 3 tsp
- Water- 2 1/2 cups
- Tamarind paste to taste
- Asafatedia- a generous pinch
- Few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 2 tsps
- Pressure cook toor dal, chopped dill leaves, a pinch of turmeric and 2 cups of water till just soft. The dal should be still holding its shape.
- Heat oil in a vessel and add the mustard seed. When the mustard starts dancing around, add cumin seeds, garlic, curry leaves and asafatedia. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped onion, a pinch of turmeric and some salt. Cook till onion turns soft.
- Add in the cooked dal,dill mixture with the water.
- Add sambar powder,jaggery, salt and tamarind paste. Combine well and cook for few more minutes till all the flavors come together.
- Serve dill dal with roti or rice.
Check out my Masala vada with dill here