Are you looking for a last minute quick recipe idea for this Diwali (Deepavali) . Then you have come to the right place. Who wouldn’t like a microwaveable Peda/Burfi recipe which you can whip up in less than 4 minutes to be exact. Yup! You heard it right. That’s the time you need to make this Pedas/Burfis.
These are a great giveaway sweet for this Diwali for your friends and Family.
( This recipe yields approximately 15 small pedas)
- Instant Non fat Dry Milk powder – 1 cup (4.5 oz or 128 gms)
- Cashew and Pista – 1/4 th cup ( you can use both nuts, or either one of them, basically you need 1/4th cup of nuts)
- Sweet Condensed milk- 9 oz (about 270 gms)
- Unsalted butter- 3 oz (about 88 gms)
- Cardamom pods – 2 crushed
- Few crushed Pista for garnish
Take the cashews and pista in a mortar, crush and make a powder. ( Few small pieces of nuts here and there is just fine).
Now take a microwaveable little deep bowl, put the butter and microwave it for a minute. Remove.
Put the dry milk powder, crushed cashews, pista and the condensed milk in the butter mixture. Mix and microwave for a minute.
Remove, mix and microwave again for one minute.
Remove, mix again and microwave for 30 seconds.
Now add the cardamom powder and mix it well. Let stay for just five minutes till it cools a bit.
Grease your hands with ghee/clarified butter or regular butter and make small balls and lightly flatten them to form a peda. Garnish with some pista on the top.
If you want to make diamond shape burfis, grease a plate with some ghee and put the mixture on the plate and flatten it. Put some crushed pista on the top and cut them into diamond shape.
- These pedas are not overly sweet.
- Its important to take out the mixture from the microwave and mix it every minute.
- Every microwave settings are different. After 2 minutes of cooking ( excluding melthig the butter), if you feel the mixture is getting too thick , just taste it and use your won judgment to see if you need more cooking.
- Do not over cook it, if not the pedas will crumble.