Last Updated on
Dry fruits and dates modak recipe
Modak is a very popular neivedyam recipe for lord Ganesha during Ganesha Chaturthi. There are different way one can make a modak. Today i have used dry fruits and dates to make the modak. Its a very quick recipe, which can be made in 15 minutes and under.
For the Dry fruits modak recipe, almond,cashew and pistachio are slightly roasted in ghee. The roasted nuts are coarsely ground with the soft dates. A pinch of cardamom is added to give a nice aroma to the modak. This mixture is molded into a modak. You can use modak mold, I didn’t have a mold. So I did it by hand.
There is no added sugar in the modak. The sweetness comes from the dates. Make sure the dates you are using are soft. If the dates are hard, you can put the dates in hot water for few minutes.
Dry fruit modak is a great snack recipe. The dates and nut mixture can be formed into a ball and can be given to kids on day today basis. Its a good source of protein for the growing kids.
Check out my other ganesha chaturthi neivedyam recipes- coconut jaggery balls, steamed modak , coconut kajjikaya
dry fruits and modak video recipe–
dry fruits and dates modak full detailed recipe-
- Almonds- ⅓ cup
- Cashew- ⅓ cup
- Pistachio - ¼ cup
- Ghee (clarified butter) - 2 tbsp
- Soft dates- about 10 ( add more if you like it more sweeter)
- Green Cardamom- 2 pods ( finely crushed)
- In a pan melt the ghee. Add the almonds, cashew and pistachio. In a low flame roast the nuts for five minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Mean while crush the cardamom and keep aside.
- Add the toasted nuts in a mixer and grind it to a coarse mixture. Remove.
- Now add the dates and grind till smooth.
- Add the dates and cardmom to the nut mixture. Mix well and make the modaks. you can use a modak mould or you can mould it by hand.
- Serve as neivedaym to Lord Ganesha