Green Peas Sundal Recipe:
- Dry Green Peas | Batani – 1 cup
- Green chili- 3 slit
- Fresh coconut- 2 tsps.
- Oil- 1 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Chana dal – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – about 10
- Asafatedia/Hing – a pinch
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
- Wash and soak the green peas in plenty of water for over night or for atleast 6 hrs. After they are soaked, add half tsp of salt and pressure cook the green peas till soft but still holding its shape. Drain the water from the green peas.
- In a pan heat oil, and add the mustard seeds. When the mustard starts popping, add chana dal, cumin seeds,curry leaves and green chili. Fry for few seconds, then add the hing.
- Add the boiled green peas, 2 tsps of coconut, salt to taste and lemon juice. Mix. Finally add some chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
You might also be interested in my other Sundal Recipes:
- Sweet Corn Sundal
- Green Moongdal SundalChickpeas (Chana) Sundal
- Sprouted Green Moong dal Sundal
- Peanut Sundal
If you tried this recipe, don’t forget to give a star rating & comment below.