Last Updated on
Green Peas Sundal Recipe:
- Dry Green Peas | Batani – 1 cup
- Green chilly- 3 slit
- Fresh coconut- 2 tsps.
- Oil- 1 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – about 10
- Asafatedia/Hing – a pinch
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
- Soak the green peas in some water for over night or for atleast 6 hrs. After they are soaked, add half tsp of salt and pressure cook the green peas till soft but still holding its shape. Drain the water from the green peas.
- In a pan heat the oil, and add the mustard seeds. When the mustard starts popping, add chanada dal, cumin seeds,curry leaves and the green chilly. Fry for few seconds, then add the hing.
- Add the boiled green peas, 2 tsps of coconut, salt to taste and lemon juice. Mix. Finally add some chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
Serve as a Neivedyam to the goddess.
You might also be interested in my other Sundal Recipes:
Black eyed peas Sundal (Alasandula sundal)
Mixed lentil Sundal