Spicy Corn chaat is a healthy take on the traditional chaat recipes. Sweet corn combined with veggies, boiled peanuts and sweet and spicy chutney’s make for a lip smacking chaat.
A guilt free snack to enjoy any time of the year.
What is Corn chaat?
Boiled sweet corn is mixed with veggies, boiled peanuts and chutneys ( date and mint) and tosssed with spices. A lip smacking, delicious chaat which is too good to miss.
A must try recipe when the sweet corn are in season.
This delicious corn chaat with veggies can be served as an appetizer, or as a side with main course. If you want keep it lite, you can also enjoy as a meal.
If you don’t have boiled peanuts, pan fried peanuts will work too. It will give a nice crunch to the salad.
This Corn Chaat is
- sweet, spicy and tangy
- lip smacking and delicious
- healthy and filling
- serve as a appetizer or enjoy as a guilt free snack
Few other ingredients which can go into this chaat are fresh pomegranate. mixed sprouts and chick peas. You can mix and match with the ingredients available at home.
If chaat masala is not available, you can skip it.
More tasty & healthy snacks –
Mixed Veggies Quinoa Brown Rice Cutlets
how to make sweet corn chaat recipe:
Healthy corn chaatPrint Pin Rate
- 1.5 cups Sweet corn Kernels
- 3/4 th cup finely diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
( seeds removed)
- 1/4 th cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 th cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup boiled peanuts or roasted peanuts optional
- 1 green chilly finely chopped or use red chili powder
- 1 tsp mint chutney or to taste
- 1 tsp tamarind date chutney or 1 tbsp finely chopped dates
- 1/4 th tsp chaat masala
- 2 tbsps finely chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Boil the corn in stove top or pressure cooker. Cool slightly.
- In a large boil add the sweet corn, cucumber, tomato,bell pepper, onion and peanuts.
- Add the chili, chutneys, chaat masala, salt, lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Combine all the ingredients and gently toss the chaat.
- Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Serve immediately as is or with some chaat puri.
- If serving later, prep all the ingredients and toss the chaat right before serving to maintain the crunch.