This easy Ice Cream Cake is the perfect summer dessert. It has layers of strawberry, chocolate and vanilla ice cream with 3 layers of fruit cake.
This no bake ice cream cake will be your favorite summer treat for any kind of celebration.
The Easiest Ice Cream Cake
Both the ice cream and fruit cake were store bought. The best part about putting it together at home is, you can customize with the flavors you like.
I used fruit cake from my favorite Indian bakery Hot Breads. The cake is slightly dense and has candied papaya (called tutti frutti) and slivered almonds.
The combination of fruit cake layered with ice cream and topped with crunchy almonds is to die for. Make a big batch, divide it and place it in the freezer to enjoy it whole summer.
- Fruit cake or any cake which is slightly dense
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate ice cream
- Strawberry ice cream
- Slivered almonds and grated chocolate for garnish
Leave the ice cream on the counter top for 10 minute. This will help us to scoop out easily.
Slice the fruit cake about ¼th inch thick.
Layer a aluminum pan or (any pan of your choice) with the cake pieces as shown in the picture.
Scoop the strawberry ice cream onto the fruit cake and smooth it out with a spatula to get an even layer. ( I used half strawberry and half chocolate Ice cream ).
Top the Ice cream layer with another layer of fruit cake.
Now top it with vanilla ice cream and smooth it out using a spatula so that ice cream is all even around the pan.
Finally add some slivered almonds all over the vanilla ice cream. Cover the Ice cream cake with a plastic warp and put it back in the freezer for at least six hours or till you are ready to serve.
Remove it from the freezer at least 10 minutes before you serve it!.
Small batch of the ice cream cake –
1- Cake Layer
2- Strawberry Ice Cream
3- Cake Layer
4- Chocolate Ice Cream
5 – Cake layer, topped with vanilla ice cream and slivered almonds.
6- Covered with foil, ready to go to set in the freezer.
More Cool Desserts –
This post has been updated from recipe archives, first published in December 2013.
Easy No Bake Ice Cream Cake
- fruit cake or any cake which is slightly dense as needed
- strawberry ice cream as needed
- chocolate ice cream as needed
- vanilla ice cream as needed
- slivered almonds to garnish on top
- chocolate shavings to garnish
- Leave the ice cream on the counter top for 10 minute. This will help us to scoop out easily.
- Slice the fruit cake about ¼th inch thick.
- If you want to cut nice wedges, line the tray with plastic wrap.
- Add a layer of cake, followed by strawberry ice cream, smooth the top..
- Now add another layer of cake followed by chocolate ice cream, cake again and then finish with vanilla ice cream.
- Smooth the top, cover with plastic wrap and then foil. Freeze it for atleast 6 hours.
- Remove the cake 10 minutes before serving. Then top it with slivered almonds and shaved chocolate and enjoy.