If you are looking for the traditional Dosa recipe – Check out my Sponge Dosa which is quite popular in my blog.
Recipe for Yogurt (Perugu) Dosa:
(Yields 5 to 6 Dosa)
- Rice Flour – 1 Cup
- Curd/Yogurt/Perugu- ½ cup or more if you prefer sour dosa, lightly beaten
- Medium Red Onion- 1 finely chopped
- Green chili- 1 finely chopped
- Cumin Seeds – ¼th tsp
- Ginger – A tiny piece chopped
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsps. finely chopped
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed to make the dosa
Add all the ingredients except water and oil. Mix.
Now slowly add the water little at a time to get the consistency similar to a rava dosa.
Basically the batter should be thinner than the regular dosa and when you make the dosa you will not be able to spread it.
Set a side for ten minutes.
Heat a non stick pan, Spread some oil and pour a ladle full of batter from outer side to inner portion. If the gaps are too big fill them with the batter. Add a tsp of oil and roast the dosa. Flip to the other side and cook for another 30 seconds.
Remove and serve immediately.
I served my Curd dosa with Grated mango Pickle (Thokku).
- Adjust the amount of curd depending upon how sour you like your dosa.
- If the dosa batter becomes too thin, there is a chance that the dosa will break.
- If that happens add some more rice flour to the batter.