Instant Oat dosa recipe – quick and instant oat meal dosa made with oats and rice flour. A good alternative to the regular dosa which are nutritious and keeps you full for long time.
Instant Oatmeal Dosa recipe:
- Instant oats- 1 cup ( you can use either quick oats or old fashioned)
- Rice flour- 1 cup
- Onion- 1 chopped fine
- Ginger – 1 inch chopped fine or grated
- Green chilly- 2 chopped fine
- Cumin seeds- ¼th tsp
- Grated carrot- 2 tsp ( optional)
- Yogurt/ curd- ⅓ cup
- Few Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste and
- Water as needed
- Powder the oats to a fine mixture in a blender.
- Transfer the oats in a large bowl.
- Add the rice flour, curd, onion, green chilly,ginger, carrot, coriander leaves and salt .
- Now slowly add water little at a time to get the desired consistency.
- Set a side for ten minutes.
- The batter should be slightly thinner than consistency to the regular dosa batter.
- To make the dosa, heat a cast iron skillet or non stick tava on medium heat. Once the pan is hot, drizzle some oil and wipe it off with a paper towel.
- Take a ladle full of batter and pour the batter about 6 inches above the pan, this will give us a nice lacey dosa. Pour the batter from outside to inside and fill in any gaps, making sure not to pour the batter on the same spot again.
- Oat meal dosa takes more time to cook than the regular dosa.
- Cook it evenly in low/medium flame.
- Serve the dosa immediately with chutney of your choice.
Oatmeal Dosa needs to be served immediately to maintain its crispness.
More Instant Dosa Recipes –
Some of my recipes using Oats:
- Oats Bisibelebath ( Savory Oats Porridge)
- Oats Palak Paratha ( Oats Spinach flatbread)
- Oats chayote Rotti
More instant recipes you may like