Last Updated on
Instant Oatmeal Dosa recipe:
- Instant oats- 1 cup ( you can use either quick oats or old fashioned)
- Rice flour- 1 cup
- Onion- 1 chopped fine
- Ginger – 1 inch chopped fine or grated
- Green chilly- 2 chopped fine
- Cumin seeds- 1/4th tsp
- Grated carrot- 2 tsp ( optional)
- Yogurt/ curd- 1/3 cup
- Few Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste and
- Water as needed
- Powder the oats to a fine mixture in a blender.
- Transfer the oats in a large bowl.
- Add the rice flour, curd, onion, green chilly,ginger, carrot, coriander leaves and salt .
- Now slowly add water little at a time to get the desired consistency.
- Set a side for ten minutes.
- The batter should be slightly thinner than consistency to the regular dosa batter.
- Heat a non stick pan. Apply some oil, pour some batter . You may not be able to spread the batter easily, which is ok. Add some oil around the dosa. Let cook in medium flame. Flip on the other side.
- Oat meal dosa takes more time to cook than the regular dosa.
- Cook it evenly in low/medium flame.
- Serve the dosa immediately with chutney of your choice.
Some of my recipes using Oats:
More instant recipes you may like