Last Updated on
Instant Oat dosa recipe – quick and instant oat meal dosa made with oats and rice flour. A good alternative to the regular dosa which are nutritious and keeps you full for long time.
No soaking and no fermentation required in making these nutritious oatmeal dosa. It’s a super fast recipe which works great during the morning rush hours or as a quick evening snack.
Instant Oatmeal Dosa recipe:
- Instant oats- 1 cup ( you can use either quick oats or old fashioned)
- Rice flour- 1 cup
- Onion- 1 chopped fine
- Ginger – 1 inch chopped fine or grated
- Green chilly- 2 chopped fine
- Cumin seeds- 1/4th tsp
- Grated carrot- 2 tsp ( optional)
- Yogurt/ curd- 1/3 cup
- Few Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste and
- Water as needed
- Powder the oats to a fine mixture in a blender.
- Transfer the oats in a large bowl.
- Add the rice flour, curd, onion, green chilly,ginger, carrot, coriander leaves and salt .
- Now slowly add water little at a time to get the desired consistency.
- Set a side for ten minutes.
- The batter should be slightly thinner than consistency to the regular dosa batter.
- Heat a non stick pan. Apply some oil, pour some batter . You may not be able to spread the batter easily, which is ok. Add some oil around the dosa. Let cook in medium flame. Flip on the other side.
- Oat meal dosa takes more time to cook than the regular dosa.
- Cook it evenly in low/medium flame.
- Serve the dosa immediately with chutney of your choice.
Oatmeal Dosa needs to be served immediately to maintain its crispness. If not dosa will become very soft.
Some of my recipes using Oats:
More instant recipes you may like