Instant peda recipe– instant peda is the quick version of the popular milk peda. The instant peda recipe has just three ingredients and it made in the microwave under four minutes. the three ingredients we use for making the peda are butter, instant dry milk powder and condensed milk .In addition to the above three ingredients, you can also add some cardamom for nice aroma and pinch of saffron for pale yellow color.
Traditional milk peda is a bit long process, whereas the microwave version can be whipped in four minutes and under. Its also a great last minute recipe. You can either cook it in the stove top or in the microwave. Today, I choose the microwave version.Its a great recipe during festival season, especially Diwali.
Some other festival recipes from the blog-
Instant peda video recipe-
This Peda is
- extremely easy to make
- can be made in microwave or stove top
- makes for a perfect last minute dessert
Ingredients needed to make Microwave Peda-
Sweetened Condensed milk
Pistachio or any other nut of your choice for garnish
Cardamom powder, optional
Can I make the peda in the stove top?
Yes we can make it on the stove top. Melt the butter in a pan and add the sweetened condensed milk. Mix well. Then add the milk powder and mix. The mixture will be become soft as you start cooking, but will eventually thick.
When the whole mixture is coming together add the cardamom powder and turn of the stove. Cool for five minutes ( not more than that, if not the mixture will become dry and it will be hard to make pedas) and make peda shape and top it with pistachio.
Looking for more easy sweets, do try my 5 easy Indian sweets
Instant Peda recipe-
Instant peda recipe
- Unsalted butter- ½ cup ( 110 grams)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1.75 cups ( 14 oz can)
- Instant non fat dry milk powder- 2 cups
- Few Pistachio for garnish
- Cardamom powder (optional)
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and milk powder to the melted butter and mix well.
- Microwave for a minute, remove and mix the mixture.
- Microwave for another minute and mix again.
- Finally microwave for another minute and mix. The total amount of cooking is 3 minutes in the microwave.
- Let cool for five minutes ( not more than that, if not the mixture will become dry and it will be hard to make pedas)
- Apply some ghee on your palms, take a small portion of the mixture and make a ball. Flatten the ball and place a pistacho at the center. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Store the peda’s in the refrigerator. Stays fresh up to a week.
More microwave desserts