3 kids lunch box ideas – Today i am sharing 3 kids lunch box ideas which are simple and easy to make. the recipes i am sharing today are -Naan pizza, chapathi quesadilla and potato sandwich. Packing kids lunches can be challenging at times, but with little planning the night before, these lunches can be easily made. All these lunch box recipes are simple, mess free and easy for the little ones to eat. Please check back soon for more lunch recipes.
Being a mother of two young kids, I know the challenges of packing a good whole some lunch. As a parent i want to pack a healthy meal, which is easy to make and something my kid would eat. Covering all three departments can be achieved with little planning and prepping ahead.
Chop the veggies, or make the sabji/fry the night before. Pack their water bottles and dry snacks. All these little things help a lot in the busy morning.
I am starting this lunch box series, hoping to help myself and the moms like me who are looking for some kids lunch ideas. If you have some ideas you want to share please comment below and let me know.
You can also check the video in my you tube channel, Madhu’s everyday Indian
Here are few more kids lunch box ideas-
Pasta with veggies
The full video of the 3 kids lunch box recipes-
Naan Pizza Recipe with detailed instructions:
- Naan – 2
- Thinly sliced red or any color bell pepper- 2 tbsp
- Red onion- 2 tbsp, thinly sliced
- Boiled corn ( or thawed frozen corn)- 2 tbsp
- Italian seasoning- 2 pinches
- Pasta sauce – 2 tbsp
- mozzarella /cheddar cheese as needed
- Olive oil- 1 tsp
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
for the veggie naan pizza- put the tomato sauce on the naan and spread it. Then add the veggies, salt, italian seasoning, red chili flakes, olive oil and grated cheese.
for the cheese naan pizza- put the tomato sauce on the naan and spread it. Add the italian seasoning, red chili flakes, olive oil and grated cheese.
You can cook the pizza’s in a toaster oven or in a pan on a stove top.
To cook in the stove top, place a pan in low heat. Add some olive oil and place the naan pizza’s and cover the lid. cook for few minutes till the cheese melts. Then remove the lid and cook the naan till the base gets crunchy crust. Remove and let cool before packing for lunch box.
Kids Lunch box Ideas, Chapati Quesadilla detailed recipe-
Chapati Quesadilla detailed recipe-
Chapati quesadilla is a nice variation from the regular chapathi and sabji. The stuffing is already inside the chapati,with the melted cheese. Its a mess free lunch box recipe. Cut the quesadilla into triangles, and serve with some salsa.
- Slice onion- 3 tbsp
- Sliced bell pepper- ½ cup
- Cooked black beans- ½ cup
- Cumin power- ¼ tsp
- Coriander power- ½ tsp
- Red chilly power- ½ tsp or to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Grated cheese- few teaspoons
- Four chapati
- Oil- 3 tsps
Procedure to make chapati quesadilla:
making the filling for the chapati quesadilla-
- Heat a pan and add the oil. When the oil gets hot,add the sliced onion and cook till lightly soft.
- Add the bell pepper and some salt. Cook till the peppers and onion turn soft.
- Add the black beans, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder and salt.
- Mix well and with the back of the spoon mash the black beans.
- Cook for five minutes.
- Finally add the lemon juice, coriander leaves and salt and switch of the flame.
- making the chapati quesadilla-
- Heat a pan in low flame and place one chapathi on it.
- Add some grated cheese and add little filling and spread it evenly.
- Top it with more cheese and close it with the other chapathi.
- Increase the heat to medium and cook the queadilla by pressing the the chapati with a spatula.
- Cook on both sides till the cheese melts.
- Cool the chapati and cut them to four slices and pack for lunch box.
Kids Lunch box Ideas, Potato Sandwich detailed recipe-
Green peas – ½ cup ( cooked, or use thawed frozen peas)
Large onion – 1 chopped
Green chilly- 4 slit
Few curry leaves
Salt to taste
Lemon juice to taste
Few coriander leaves for garnish
1 tsp of chana dal
½ tsp cumin seeds
¼ tsp of turmeric powder
salt to taste
lemon juice to taste
- Boil potato till fork tender. Mash the potato and keep on the side.
- Heat a pan and add the oil. When the oil gets hot add mustard seeds. When the mustard starts popping add the chana dal and cumin seeds. Fry for few seconds.
- Add the green chilly and curry leaves.
- Then add the chopped onion and turmeric. Cook for few minutes till onion gets soft.
- Add the green peas, little salt and mix well. Close the lid and cook for two minutes.Add the boiled cubed potato Slightly mash with back of the spoon. Add little water to make the potato soft.
- Finally add the lemon juice, coriander leaves and salt. Cook for another five minutes and turn off the heat.
Serve the Potato Sandwich with Ketchup.