Collection of 22 Indian inspired Kids Lunch Box Recipes. These recipes are mostly vegetarian, while some are vegan and few have egg in them.
Packing 200 plus kids lunches in a year can be challenging for parents. To make the process easy, I am sharing few recipes which I pack for my kids. Hope you find this post useful.
SOME OF THE THINGS I KEEP IN MIND WHILE PACKING SCHOOL LUNCHES –
- I don’t experiment much for school lunches, its mostly what they like. If I want them to try something new, I only introduce them when they are eating at home.
- I always include fruits or fresh veggies like cherry tomato, cucumber or carrot with their lunch box.
- Occasionally juice, but mostly water.
- Depending on what I give, I love packing the food in steel containers or thermos. Thermos keeps the food warm and kids love it.
- Some days I also include crackers, chips, any homemade savory snacks, or something sweet.
Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a dietician, these are some of the recipes which worked for our family. Use this just as reference and adapt to what works for your child.
Few more Kids inspired Dishes –
27 – Mango Rice – When green mangoes are in season, I love to pack mango rice for my kids.
28 – Black Bean Burger – I sauteed onion and red bell pepper and mixed it with Maggi sweet and spicy sauce. Heated a frozen black bean burger and toasted the bread and added the filling on top of the black bean burger with some mayo and lettuce. Lettuce adds like a bed and doesn’t make the bread soggy.
29 – Vermicelli Pulao – easy but very tasty Vermicelli Pulao for kids lunch box.
30 – Paneer roll – to make paneer roll saute finely chopped onion, bell pepper, ginger, garlic and little green chili until soft. Add grated paneer, garam masala, corinadre powder and salt. Mix well. Now add maggi sweet and spicy chili sauce.
Take a bread piece, remove the sides and flatten it with a rolling pin. Add the filling and roll it. Pan fry with little oil till golden.
31 – Vegetable Soup with Pinto Beans – comforting soup to enjoy with garlic bread, especially in winter months.
32- Chapath with Potato Fry – simple and tasty. Used store bought tortillas for those week day mornings.