Collection of 22 Indian inspired Kids Lunch Box Recipes. These recipes are mostly vegetarian, while some are vegan and few have egg in them.
Packing 200 plus kids lunches in a year can be challenging for parents. To make the process easy, I am sharing few recipes which I pack for my kids. Hope you find this post useful.
SOME OF THE THINGS I KEEP IN MIND WHILE PACKING SCHOOL LUNCHES –
- I don’t experiment much for school lunches, its mostly what they like. If I want them to try something new, I only introduce them when they are eating at home.
- I always include fruits or fresh veggies like cherry tomato, cucumber or carrot with their lunch box.
- Occasionally juice, but mostly water.
- Depending on what I give, I love packing the food in steel containers or thermos. Thermos keeps the food warm and kids love it.
- Some days I also include crackers, chips, any homemade savory snacks, or something sweet.
Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a dietician, these are some of the recipes which worked for our family. Use this just as reference and adapt to what works for your child.