Collection of kids lunch box recipes – Packing a whole some meal for the kids, year around can be challenging at times. In this page I will be sharing recipe ideas that I pack for my kids.
- Chapati Quesadilla detailed recipe– Chapati quesadilla is a nice variation from the regular chapathi and sabji. The stuffing is already inside the chapati,with the melted cheese. Its a mess free lunch box recipe. Cut the quesadilla into triangles, and serve with some salsa.
- Lemon rice with onion and carrot – lemon rice is one of the easiest and most loved Indian rice recipe. Lemon rice can be done in less than ten minutes, provided you have some rice ready. Today I paired the lemon rice with grapes and instant coconut ladoo.
Pressure Cooker Pasta – one pot easy veggies pasta made in pressure cooker. A quick and easy way of making pasta on a busy week day morning.
Naan Pizza (with cheese and veggies) – Pizza is very popular food among kids, here is a quick version of the pizza with naan. I have made one cheese pizza and one veggie pizza. I used onion, bell pepper and corn in my veggie pizza. You can use the veggies of your choice.
When packing the pizza for school, cool the pizza’s slightly and pack. If not the pizza will become soggy.
Coconut milk pulav with veggies– yummy vegetable pulav made with coconut milk. Kids and adults will love this pulav in their lunch box. In the recipe link, you will see that I used mushrooms but the smae procedure is done for the veggie coconut pulav too.
Vermicelli Pulav – Kids love noodles and this pulav recipe with Indian spices is sure going to please them. I served the pulav with a orange and home made zucchini bread.
Broccoli Bell Pepper Nan Pizza – a easy ten pizza made iwth raedy made nan’s. Warp them in foil and send it for kids lunch, I am sure they will love it.
- Potato sandwich detailed recipe: Potato Sandwich recipe is one of the most popular sandwich recipes. Boiled and mashed potato are stir fried with onion, green chilly and spices. Serve the potato sandwich with some ketchup.
Tomato rice – a popular rice dish which goes well in the kids lunch box.
- Semiya Upma ( Vermicelli Upma) – Quick and easy upma made with vermicelli noodles. A favorite lunch recipe for the kids. Semiya upma and strawberries for lunch.
- . Egg rice using brown rice – Protein packed egg rice with veggies and peanuts. I have used brown rice in the recipe. Brown rice can be replaced by white rice or quinoa. Served with baby carrot on the side.
- Coriander Cashew Pesto Pasta with Veggies -Pasta is a favorite among the kids. My kids love the fresh pesto I make at home. Its very simple and preservative free. Serving the pasta with grapes and dry apple sticks.
- Seasoned Mini Idli – mini idli’s tempered with mustard, chana dal, green chilly, onion, green peas and lemon. Served on the side are boiled egg and cantaloupe pieces.
Pasta with vegetables in tomato sauce– a kids favorite pasta with tomato sauce and cheese.
- Bagel with cream cheese – Bread products come to handy for those quick lunch recipe. Here we have two mini bagels toasted, smothered with cream cheese and a dish of sweet and spicy ginger pickle. Served on the side are few pieces of peach, baby carrot and madeline.
- . Mini Idly with chutney – Easy to eat mini idly served with coconut chutney, grapes and mini cookies.
Gunta Ponganalu – snack item made with left over dosa or idli batter. A perfect kids lunch box recipe too.
- Rice flour rotti ( Akki rotti)– Karnataka special akki rotti is a great lunch box recipe. I made mini version of these. Make the rotti slightly soft for the lunch box, if not the rotti will turn hard. Dont forget to add good amount on onion, they keep the rotti soft and tasty.