Last Updated on
In this recipe the every day chapathi is transformed into something which sounds exotic but farley super simple recipe. Its a great way of using some left over chapathi. Its a perfect afternoon snack for kids and equally delicious for lunch box.
Any recipe i make got to have some veggies in it. In this recipe i added the red bell pepper, which gave an amazing sweet flavor to the fry. Kids loved eating it and asked for seconds. Love that fact!
Linking this to my own event- Left over Make over
- Left over Chapathi – 3 (Cut to bite size pieces)
- Red or any color bell pepper- 1 (Sliced thin)
- Small onion -1 thinly sliced
- Tiny tomato – 1 cut to bite size pieces
- Green chilly -2 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste- 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder to taste
- Salt and Lemon juice to taste
- In a Pan add 3 tsps of oil. When the oil gets hot add atsp of mustard seeds. When the mustard starts to dance around add a tsp of chana dal and 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds. Fry for few seconds.
- Add the green chilly, sliced onion and bell pepper. Add some salt and cook till the onion gets soft.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste.Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato and sautee for a minute.
- Finally add the bite size cut chapathi pieces and red chilly powder. Mix till everything is well incorporated. Finally check the seasoning and add some fresh lemon juice.
If you feel the chapthi is getting dry, sprinkle some water while stir frying them.