In this recipe the every day chapathi is transformed into something which sounds exotic but farley super simple recipe. Its a great way of using some left over chapathi. Its a perfect afternoon snack for kids and equally delicious for lunch box.
Any recipe i make got to have some veggies in it. In this recipe i added the red bell pepper, which gave an amazing sweet flavor to the fry. Kids loved eating it and asked for seconds. Love that fact!
- Left over Chapathi – 3 (Cut to bite size pieces)
- Red or any color bell pepper- 1 (Sliced thin)
- Small onion -1 thinly sliced
- Tiny tomato – 1 cut to bite size pieces,seeds removed ( optional)
- Green chilly -2 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste- ½ tsp
- Sweet and spicy chili sauce – 1 tsp or to taste
- Salt and Lemon juice to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves
- In a Pan add 3 tsps of oil. When the oil gets hot add atsp of mustard seeds. When the mustard starts to dance around add a tsp of chana dal and ½ tsp of cumin seeds. Fry for few seconds.
- Add the green chilly, sliced onion and bell pepper. Add some salt and cook till the onion gets soft.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste.Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato and sautee for a minute.
- Finally add the bite size cut chapathi pieces and chili sauce. Mix till everything is well incorporated. Finally check the seasoning and add some fresh lemon juice and coriander leaves.
If you feel the chapthi is getting dry, sprinkle some water while stir frying them.
can i post my recipe in hindi?
looks superb and filling recipe…
Looks superb and well made 🙂 filling and guilt free
Very nice idea !! Similar to Roti ki Sabzi we make in north.. A little different in flavours and spices, but basically the same idea..
Glad to follow you Madhu !! Do visit my page when time permits.. 🙂
delicious chapathi fry 🙂 nice idea to use leftover chapathi 🙂
not just for kidz,,,i love this for myself…
yummy clicks:)super sis:)
Love to finish that whole plate rite now,irresistible and seriously tempting.
Looks like quite the flavorful recipe!