Mango Mousse Recipe- This creamy mango mousse recipe is very easy to make. Its an egg less recipe, no gelatin or agar agar is used in the mousse recipe.
Few more cold desserts from my blog –
Mango Mousse Recipe:
- Mango Pulp- 1 ¾th cup ( 1 lb / 14 oz )( I used canned mango pulp)
- Heavy Whipping Cream- 1 ¾th cup
- Sugar- 2 to 3 tbsps
- Slivered almonds to garnish ( optional)
- In a heavy bottomed bowl add the whipping cream and sugar. Using a hand mixer whip the cream until you get soft peaks. You can also use a whisk to whip the cream. It will take a bit more time, but will ne a nice work out for your hand muscle.
- Now slowly incorporate the mango pulp little at a time to the whipped cream mixture. Gently fold in the mango pulp with out over mixing.
- Transfer the mixture into individual bowls or any serving dish.
- Garnish with slivered almonds and freeze the Mango mousse until set, about 30 minutes.
- Place the mousse in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- You can use fresh mangoes if available. Personally I never tried with fresh mangoes. Make sure you have smooth mango puree.
- Adding Slivered almonds is totally optional, but I love the crunchy bite the almond gives.
- Do not over beat the whipping cream, we are just looking for soft peaks.