- Chana dal (Pachi chenaga pappu/chenaga bedalu)- 1 cup
- Yellow moong dal (Pesara pappu)- 2 tbsps
- Small Green chillies -5
- Grated fresh coconut- 2 tbsps (I used frozen coconut, just thawed it for 40 seconds in microwave)
- Ginger garlic paste- ½ tsp
- Onion -1 (chop it pretty small)
- Chopped cilantro- 1 tbsp
- Chopped dill- 2 tbsps
- Salt- 1 tsp ( add according to ur taste)
- Soak chana dal and yellow moong dal together in water for 2 hours. Drain the dal, make sure there is absolutely no water left.
- In a food processor grind coarsely the dal and green chilies together. Don’t make a paste out of it, Its important that you grind the dal coarsely.
- Now to this dal and chili mixture add the coconut, ginger garlic paste, finely chopped onion, salt, coriander and dil.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet and fry the vadas.
Enjoy the vadas like an evening snack with a hot cup of tea.
Please explain chop dil. Confused please help. Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the confusion. It’s dill (a herb)leaves, chopped finely.
one of my fav snack 🙂 looks very yummy and crispy
yea addition of coconut is something new to me too…
masala vada:)super and am addicted to this eat more than 2 but not with medu vada
Sai Padma priya
Bhale untayi mee vantalu,masala vadalu chala baunnayi.
Sai Padma Priya
This is my all time Fav 😀
adding coconut is new n interesting, will try it next time…vada looks crispy n yummy!
very yummy yummy n crisp vada…