Last Updated on
This recipe of Masala Vada was blogged about 6 years back in my other blog. This is one of those special recipes which was very popular and over the years I have got great feed back from the readers. From past few days its been hard for me to move all these wonderful posts from Madhu’s vantalu. I thought in long run its good to have all my posts in one place and so the tough decision….
Initially i was planning to take new pictures from my DSLR camera and update the recipes. But i felt i am going to impure the recipes ( they are special to me) so presenting as they are…
- Chana dal (Pachi chenaga pappu/chenaga bedalu)- 1 cup
- Yellow moong dal (Pesara pappu)- 2 tbsps
- Small Green chillies -5
- Grated fresh coconut- 2 tbsps (I used frozen coconut, just thawed it for 40 seconds in microwave)
- Ginger garlic paste- ½ tsp
- Onion -1 (chop it pretty small)
- Chopped cilantro- 1 tbsp
- Chopped dill- 2 tbsps
- Salt- 1 tsp ( add according to ur taste)
- Soak chana dal and yellow moong dal together in water for 2 hours. Drain the dal, make sure there is absolutely no water left.
- In a food processor grind coarsely the dal and green chilies together. Don’t make a paste out of it, Its important that you grind the dal coarsely.
- Now to this dal and chili mixture add the coconut, ginger garlic paste, finely chopped onion, salt, coriander and dil.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet and fry the vadas.
Enjoy the vadas like an evening snack with a hot cup of tea.