Mattar Paneer,the ever popular dish in Indian restaurants gets a healthy make over by replacing paneer with tofu. I also included some baby spinach which blended well with the spices. Makes for a quick nutritious meal. Serve over rice or Indian flatbread.
If interested check out my other Tofu recipe-
Mattar Palak Tofu:
- Firm tofu – 8 ounces cubed
- Frozen peas- 1 cup
- Large tomato – 2 chopped
- Small Onion – 1 chopped fine
- Corn- ¼ th cup ( optional)
- Spinach- 2 cups loosely packed
- Ginger – 1 inch grated
- Garlic cloves- 1 chopped
- Garam masala- ½ tsp or to taste
- Coriander powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ the tsp
- Red chilly powder- ¾th tsp or to taste
- Kasoori methi- a generous pinch
- Milk- ¼ the cup ( I used 2 % milk)
- Water- ½ cup
- Oil – 3 tsps
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves- 1 tbsp chopped
- In a non stick pan, add a tsp of oil and the tofu cubes. Season with some salt and red chilly powder. Sautee the tofu until light golden color on both sides. Remove and set a side.
- In the same pan heat the rest of the oil. Add the chopped onion, ginger and garlic. Add a pinch of salt and turmeric powder. Sautée till onions are softened.
- Add in the garam masala, coriander powder and red chilly powder. Fry for 30 seconds. Add the chopped tomato and salt. Cook till tomato becomes mushy.
- Add the corn and baby spinach,fry for a minute. Add the water and stir well. Give a quick boil.
- Add the stir fried tofu, dry fenugreek leaves and milk. Stir well, reduce the heat and simmer for ten minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Check for the seasoning.
- Serve over rice or Indian flat bread ( roti).
delicious and flavorful curry .Link in recipes to on going event at
Delicious curry…rich and flavorful…that bowl is really inviting..
Delicious curry…that bowl is really inviting…
Tofu looks awesome in the curry.Must b delicious
Very healthy and delicious curry !