Last Updated on
Sundal is a popular neivedyam recipe during festivals. It can be eaten as a evening snack as well. This particular sundal has different lentils in it. I got this pack in the Indian store.You can make it at home as well by combining what ever lentils you have and the ones you prefer.One cup of this sundal will give you a good amount of protein for the day.
- Mixed lentils (chickpeas, black eyed peas, green peas,green moong dal, brown lentils) – 1 cup
- Green chilly- 4 thinly slit
- Fresh coconut- 2 tsps
- Few curry leaves
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste and
- Tempering ingredients
1. Soak the lentils in water over night.
2. In the morning add 1/2 tsp of salt and cook the lentils in a pressure cooker till soft. But holding its shape.
3. Once cooled, drain the water from the cooked lentils.
4. Do the tempering by adding 3 tsps of oil.
5. When the oil gets hot add 1 tsp of oil, followed by 1 tsp of Chanadal and 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
6. Fry for few seconds then add the slit green chilly, curry leaves and to pinches of hing.
7. Add the cooked lentils, necessary salt, fresh coocnut and lemon juice. gently mix and turn off the heat.
8. Finally add the fresh coriander leaves for garnish.