Last Updated on
These cutlets were inspired by Vardhini’s Spinach potato Quinoa cutlets. When I saw these cutlets in her space I knew I had to try them. Thank you Vardhini’s for such a lovely recipe. It’s a keeper.
I made few changes to the original recipes. Skipped the chat masala and flax meal as i didn’t have it. I added some green bell pepper ,grated carrot and corn (for cruch) for an extra dose of veggies. Had some left over brown rice, added that as well. Its was a very satisfying healthy cutlet. I mean having quinoa, brown rice, spinach,veggies and potato in the form a yummy cutlet, it cant get better.
Sending this to Vardhini of Cook’s Joy for New “U” 2013 event.
( yields about 15 cutlets)
- Cooked Potato – about 2 cups mashed
- Cooked brown rice – 1/2 cup
- Cooked Quinoa- 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped Spinach – 1 cup packed
- Green bell pepper – 1 chopped finely
- Corn- 1/4 th cup
- Small grated carrot -1
- Red chilly powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Combine potato, spinach, quinoa,brown rice, bell pepper,corn and carrot.
- Now add the spices. Mix till well incorporated.
- Take small potion of the mixture and make a ball.
- Flatten it to make a patty. Repeat with rest of the mixture.
- Take a pan add a tsp of oil all over the pan and place the patties with out over crowding the pan.
- Cook on medium on both side till the patties becomes light brown .
- Remove and Serve with some Ketchup.