One bowl moist chocolate cake recipe you will ever make. Moist and tender, this cake will be your go to recipe for any birthday parties or holidays.
moist chocolate cake is one of the easiest cake recipes you will ever make. My kids love Chocolate and this simple one bowl cake is there favorite till date. Impressive doesn’t have to mean difficult and this recipe sure falls in that category. The two great things about this cake is how moist it is with out any added butter and how quickly the recipe comes along. With the holiday season around this Chocolate cake is a perfect way to entertain friends and family.
Moist Chocolate Cake recipe-
(Serves : 8 to 10)
- All Purpose flour/ Maida- ¾th cup + 2 tbsps ( 110 gms)
- Sugar- 1 cup ( 200 gms)
- Coco Powder- ¼th cup + 2 tbsps ( 30 gms)
- Baking Powder-¾ tsp ( 3 gms)
- Baking soda- ¾th tsp ( 3 gms)
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp ( 5 ml)
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Milk- ½ cup ( I used 2 % milk) ( 120 ml)
- Egg- 1
- Vegetable oil- ¼th cup ( 60 ml)
- Boiling Water- ½ cup or use ½ cup of brewed coffee for a strong coffee flavor ( 120 ml)
Adding dry ingredients |Mixing them | Adding wet ingredients
Beat with a electric mixer | Pour hot water | Final batter
Greased pan | batter poured in the pan | baked cake just out of oven
1. Preheat oven to 350 F ( 175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch pan with butter or cooking spray and dust the pan with flour or coco powder. You can also line the pan with parchment paper
2. In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, coco powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir together till well combined
3. Add milk, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla extract to the flour mixture. Beat for 1 to 1 ½ minutes using a electric blender. Add boiling water to the batter and stir in by hand. At this point the batter will be thin.
4. Pour the batter in the prepared cake pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from the pan. Let cool completely before serving.
6. Can be served as is or top it with some whipped cream or enjoy with your favorite frosting.
1. Ensure the ingredients are at room temperature for better mixing. Remove from the fridge about 15 minutes before you start.
2. Level off dry ingredients when measuring.
3.Use the center rack of the oven to cook the cake for even heat distribution.
4. Line baking pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking and to help easy clean up.