Chocolate cupcakes recipe – this moist chocolate cupcake recipe is super easy to make and the the only recipe you will ever need. Add some frosting to make it extra delicious.
Today I will be sharing a moist chocolate cupcake made with butter milk, oil, brown sugar and eggs. Its a very easy cupcake recipe and the batter comes together in 15 minutes. Whether you bring these cupcakes for a birthday party or a casual gathering with friends and family or even a bake sale, everyone will love them and go for seconds.
You can add chocolate frosting to the cupcakes, they will be more tastier. I kept it simple, added few chocolate chips
If you are planning to serve these cupcakes during tea time and looking for some fried food try my green moong dal masala vada, its lentil fritter.
On a side note, Madhu’s Everyday Indian is on YouTube. Please do visit and subscribe my channel, for future video recipes. Here is the link – Madhu’s Everyday Indian .
Coming back to the recipe, you may wonder why this cupcake recipe works?
1. Butter milk is the key ingredient, which makes these cupcakes moist.
2. Brown sugar has molasses and makes the cupcakes more moist than regular white sugar.
3. The unsweetened coco powder adds a deep chocolate flavor in the recipe.
Let’s get started with few more details and scroll down to get the step by step pictures-
Leveling the all purpose flour is extremely important in baking, if there is too much flour the cupcakes will become dense.
For sweetness, we use a combination of white sugar and light brown sugar. Brown sugar provides enough moisture for the cupcakes
And the addition of oil and butter milk, makes for moist chocolate cupcakes.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
Spoon the batter in a cup cake liner slightly over half way. Not more than that, that will help the cupcakes raise properly and give the right texture.
How to make butter milk at home?
Combine ½ cup of milk with ½ table spoon of lemon juice or vinegar. Set a side for 5 to 10 minutes. You will observe that the milk curdles and becomes slightly thick. The mixture is ready to be used.
Second option is using plain yogurt. You can thin the yogurt by adding some milk or water. Whisk the ingredients thoroughly and use it in the recipe. Make sure it’s not a flavored yogurt or sweet yogurt.
Few baking tips to get the perfect cupcakes-
Always measure and level the flour.
Add the eggs at room temperature.
If the recipe requires butter, milk or buttermilk, leave these ingredients in the counter top for some time. Doing so will bring the ingredients to normal temperature and helps with mixing the batter smooth and no lumps.
Cook at the right temperature and for the right amount of time to get the perfect texture and taste.
Last but not least, good quality products.
Recipe Courtesy- Sally’s Baking Addiction
You may also like these dessert recipes-
Chocolate Chip Banana CupCakes
How to make moist chocolate cupcakes recipe –
Moist Chocolate cupcakes recipe with step by step pictures-
In a bowl add the flour, coco powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Mix until well combined.
In a large bowl, add the eggs, white sugar, brown sugar,vanilla extract and oil.
Whisk until well combined.
Keep the butter milk ready. You can find how to make butter milk in the top.
Add the half of wet ingredients and half the butter milk to the dry mixture. Whisk slightly.
Then pour rest of the wet ingredients and butter milk. Whisk until well combined. Do not over mix.
Spoon the combined batter in the cupcake liners until it reaches slightly over ½ of the liner.
Top the cupcakes with few chocolate chips (optional).
Bake at 350 F for 18-20 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean (Do not over bake the cupcake, if not the cupcakes can get hard)
Let cool slightly and transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and cool completely.
Enjoy the cupcakes with a cup of milk.
Can be served warm or cold.
Nutella brownie Cupcakes
MOIST CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- All purpose flour – ¾ cup
- unsweetened coco powder- ½ cup
- sugar- ½ cup
- light brown sugar – ½ cup (packed)
- large eggs – 2, at room temperature
- baking soda- ½ teaspoon
- baking powder – ¾ teaspoon
- salt – ¼ teaspoon
- oil – ⅓ cup (preferably vegetable oil or canola oil)
- buttermilk – ½ cup (at room temperature)
- vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F or 175 C
- Line the muffin tin with 12 cup cake liners.
- In a bowl add the flour, coco powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, white sugar, brown sugar,vanilla extract and oil.
- Add the half of wet ingredients and half the butter milk to the dry mixture. Whisk slightly.
- Then pour rest of the wet ingredients and butter milk. Whisk until well combined. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the combined batter in the cupcake liners until it reaches slightly over ½ of the liner.
- Top the cupcakes with few chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake at 350 F for 18-20 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean (Do not over bake the cupcake, if not the cupcakes can get hard)
- Let cool slightly and transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Enjoy the cupcakes with a cup of milk. Can be served warm or cold.
Can be served warm or cold.