Last Updated on
A very simple kurma which can be whipped up in 15 minutes provided you have the boiled eggs.
No cream, no coconut and no nuts are required , but that doesnot stop this kurma from shining away.
- Boiled eggs- 3 ( remove the yolk and cut the white part of the egg into small pieces)
- Button mushrooms – about 15 (Sliced)
- Small onion- 1 chopped
- Tomatoes- 2 cut to small pieces
- Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red chille powder – 1/2 to 3/4th tsp
- Small cloves -2
- Cardamom- 1
- Few curry leaves and Coriander leaves
- Salt and lemon juice to taste
- Tomato paste – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Brown sugar/ regular sugar- 1/4th tsp
Take ingredients marked from 3-10 into a mixer and grind to fine paste with the help of some water.
Now take a skillet add two teaspoons of oil, followed by 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds and 1/2 tsp of chana dal. Then add the ground mixture and some salt. Mix and reduce the heat to medium low and cook for ten minutes. Stir in between.
When this mixture is cooking take another skillet add tiny bit of oil and add the boiled egg pieces and fry for two minutes till it gets light brown on the sides. Remove and keep aside.
Now in the same skillet add the mushroom, a pinch of salt and sautee till the mushroom gets little soft. About five minutes.
By now the gravy must be cooked, make sure the raw smell of onion is gone. Add in the egg pieces. mushroom and some sugar.
At this point if you think the gravy is getting too thick add some water, lemon juice to taste and mix. Also add the tomato paste if using. Mix, let it cook for another two minutes and turn off the heat.
Serve with roti or rice.
- You can cook the eggs and mushroom before cooking the gravy.That way you are prepeared when the gravy is ready.
- I love to multi task , so i cooked them all at the same time.