Mushroom Kadhi Recipe:
- Sliced Mushroom – 2 cups
- Medium onion- 1 thinly sliced
- Medium green bell pepper – 1 thinly sliced ( I just can’t do with out bell pepper, love to add them in all my recipes)
- Large tomato- 1 chopped
- Ginger-1 inch finely chopped
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Fennel powder- ¼ th tsp (optional)
- Masala Powder- 1 tsp or as per taste ( recipe follows)
- Yogurt/ curd-1 cup
- Chick peas flour/ besan – 2 tsps
- Water for the gravy
- Few mint leaves and few Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Red chilly powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- ½ tsp
- Cumin powder- ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder- ¼ th tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
Mix all the ingredients and add a tsp of the mixture for the curry.
Left over masala can be used for any dry or wet curry’s.
- In a wide skillet add some oil. When the oil gets hot add the sliced onions . fry for five minutes till the onion gets soft. Add the sliced mushrooms and peas. Cook for few more minutes.
- Now add all the spices- tandoori masala, turmeric powder, fennel powder and chopped ginger. Fry for 30 seconds. Add the chopped tomato and salt. Cook till tomato gets soft.
- While the tomato is cooking, take a bowl add the besan and yogurt. Whisk it to remove any lumps..
- Turn off the heat and now slowly add this yogurt mixture to the tomato base. This helps yogurt from curdling.
- Now turn on the stove in low-medium flame, add water depending on how thick you like your kadhi. Simmer the kadhi for ten minutes.
- Finally add chopped mint and coriander leaves. Turn off the heat.
Serve the kadhi with chapathi or rice.