Last Updated on
- Sliced Mushroom – 2 cups
- Medium onion- 1 thinly sliced
- Medium green bell pepper – 1 thinly sliced ( I just can’t do with out bell pepper, love to add them in all my recipes)
- Large tomato- 1 chopped
- Ginger-1 inch finely chopped
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Fennel powder- 1/4 th tsp (optional)
- Masala Powder- 1 tsp or as per taste ( recipe follows)
- Yogurt/ curd-1 cup
- Chick peas flour/ besan – 2 tsps
- Water for the gravy
- Few mint leaves and few Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Red chilly powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1/4 th tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Mix all the ingredients and add a tsp of the mixture for the curry.
Left over masala can be used for any dry or wet curry’s.
In a wide skillet add some oil. When the oil gets hot add the sliced onions . Fry for five minutes till the onion gets soft. Add the sliced mushrooms and peas. Cook for few more minutes.
Now add all the spices- tandoori masala, turmeric powder, fennel powder and chopped ginger. Fry for 30 seconds. Add the chopped tomato and salt. Cook till tomato gets soft.
- While the tomato is cooking, take a bowl add the besan and yogurt. Whip it up making sure there are no lumps in it.
- Add this mixture to the tomato base. Mix, reduce the heat and simmer for ten minutes. When the besan is completely cooked add the chopped mint and coriander leaves. Simmer for another five minutes. Turn off the heat.