Coconut chocolate pie:
- Freshly grated Coconut – 2 cups
- Dark chocolate – 1 ¼th cups (200 gms)
- Clarified butter/ Ghee- 1 tbsp and to grease the pie pan ( Can be replaced with Butter)
- Whole milk- 3 tbsps
- Heavy Cream – ¼th cup
- Cardamom powder- 1 tsp or Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Roasted Slivered Almonds for garnish
- Removable Pie Pan or any round pan
Grease the removable pie pan with ghee/ butter and set a side.
Heat a skillet over low flame. Add the clarified butter and coconut. Mix well and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the milk and sugar to the coconut mixture. Stir constantly until the mixture thickens slightly. The coconut mixture should attain a pale brown color.
Add the crushed cardamom powder. Mix well and remove from heat.
Spread the coconut mixture into the greased pie dish and spread evenly.
Add chocolate and cream in a bowl and place over a pot of simmering water.
When the chocolate melts remove from heat and pour over the coconut mixture.
Sprinkle slivered almonds and refrigerate for atleast three hours or until set.
Unmold from the pie dish, cut to desired shape and serve.