Moist, rich and chocolaty this nutella cake is so easy to make and tastes divine. One bowl, 3 ingredients and 30 minutes is all you need to make this decadent dessert. A must try recipe for all Nutella lovers.
My older one loves Nutella and enjoys desserts made with them. This recipe is her favorite because we are not only making the cake with nutella, but also frosting with it. YUM!
This quick and easy nutella chocolate cake is a great beginner recipe for kids who want to try baking. With minimal ingredients and simple procedure, this fool proof recipe will give them the confidence to bake more in the future. So with out any further delay, let’s dive into the recipe and its procedure.
To begin with, what exactly is Nutella?
Nutella is a Chocolate Hazelnut spread made by an Italian company called Ferrero.It is a smooth, creamy spread used widely as a topping on bread, as a dip, in sandwiches or paired with fruits.
Why this Nutella chocolate cake works
- Quick and easy recipe with just 3 ingredients
2. It is moist, rich and chocolaty.
3. A perfect last minute party dessert to bake.
Ingredients in Nutella Cake –
- Nutella ( chocolate hazelnut spread)
2. Eggs, at room temperature
3. All Purpose Flour
How to make Nutella Cake-
1)Having eggs in room temperature, will help in easy mixing. If you have some time, do leave the eggs on the counter top for few minutes.
2) Preheat the oven to 350 F or 175 C and adjust the oven rack to center.
3) Grease and line a parchment paper in a 8 inch baking dish and set a side.
4) Mixing nutella and eggs – Add nutella and eggs in a large bowl and beat them with a hand blender or a whisk.
5) Whisk the eggs and nutella until they slightly increase in volume, about 3 minutes.
6) Adding the flour– Add all purpose flour to the nutella mixture. Gently fold in the flour until well incorporated. Scrape the sides and mix thoroughly to avoid any flour sticking in the bottom of the bowl.
7) Transfer the prepared batter to the greased pan.
8) Baking the cake – Bake the nutella cake for 25 to 35 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
9) Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 to 12 minutes and then cool completely on a wire rack. Its important to cool the cake completely before frosting.
10) Frost the nutella chocolate cake with as little or as much of nutella as you desire. Slice and enjoy the the cake with a cup of cold milk.
What are the ingredients in Nutella spread?
Nutella is made of hazelnuts, sugar, coco powder, modified palm oil, skimmed milk powder, whey, lecithin and vanillin.
What can I substitute nutella with?
If you cannot find nutella, use any other good quality chocolate hazelnut spread.
Can I freeze the cake?
Yes, you can freeze the cake for up to 2 months. Let the cake cool completely and slice them and wrap individually before freezing.
More Cake recipes from the blog –
Quick Nutella Cake Recipe –
Nutella Chocolate Cake
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1.5 cups nutella or a good quality chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and adjust the oven rack to center.
- Grease and line a parchment paper in a 8 inch baking dish. Set a side.
- Add nutella and eggs in a large bowl and beat them with a hand blender or a whisk. Beat the mixture for three minutes, until it slightly increases in volume.
- Add all purpose flour to the nutella mixture. Gently fold in the flour until well incorporated. Scrape the sides and mix thoroughly to avoid any flour sticking in the bottom of the bowl.
- Transfer the prepared batter to the greased pan. Bake the cake for 25 to 35 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes and then cool completely on a wire rack. Its important to cool the cake completely before frosting.
- Frost the cake with nutella and enjoy a slice with a cup of cold milk.
- Frosting can be skipped, but I wouldn’t do it. It tastes really good with the frosting.
- This nutella cake freezes beautifully. Slice the cake and wrap them individually in foil. Freeze them for up to 2 months.
- Defrost the frozen slice of cake for 30 minutes on the counter top or pop in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds.