- Medium size carrots about 4
- Small Green bell pepper – 1
- Green chilles- 5
- a handfull of coriander leaves
- few curry leaves
- Tamarind paste and salt.
Dry ingredients :
- chana dal – 3 tsps
- urad dal – 1 1/2 tsp
- dhania and jeera – 1/2 tsp each
Take these four ingredients in a dry pan and toast them till light brown. Cool them and transfer these to a mixer and grind to a fine powder.
- Peel and chop the carrot to small pieces. chop the green bell pepper and slit the chili.
- In a pan add two tsps of oil, then add the curry leaves and green chillies. After a minute add the veggies and salt. Cover and cook till soft. Just before turning off the stove add the coriander leaves and tamarind.
- Combine this mixture with the powdered dry ingredients and grind to a coarse paste. If the mixer is not cooperating, add a bit of water. That should work.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, adjust the seasoning and do the talimpu (tempering).. Take a tsp of oil, once hot add few mustard seeds. Then half a tsp each of chana dal, urad dal and jeera. Then add the curry leaves and a pinch of asafatedia.
- Serve with chapathi or hot white rice. Also tastes great with toasted wheat bread