Last Updated on
Urad Dal Chutney | Minapa Pappu Pachadi
- Urad Dal / Minapa Pappu- 1/4th cup
- Dry Red Chilly – about 8 ( adjust the chilly according to your taste(
- Small onion -1 chopped
- Tamarind- Small lemon size
- Corainder seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 3/4th tsp or as desired ( donot skip it)
- Oil – 2 tsps
- Salt to taste
- Soak tamarind in some water for few minutes.
In a pan heat the oil and add the dry chili, urad dal, coriander seeds and cumin seeds. Keeping in low to medium heat roast them till light brown.
When it cools, grind it in a mixer to a coarse powder .
Add the soaked tamarind , salt, sugar, and very little water and grind it.
Finally put the onion and pulse it few more times. Don’t grind the onion smooth. You should still be able to see some chunks of onion pieces.
Serve the Urad dal chutney with ghee and rice.