Last Updated on
Palak Kadhi Recipe:
- Spinach – 2 cups packed
- Medium onion- 1 thinly sliced
- Ginger-1 inch finely chopped
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Fennel powder- 1/4 th tsp (optional)
- Green chilli -1, slit
- Red chilly powder- 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/4th tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp or (use 2 cloves and 1/2 inch cinnamon stick)
- Yogurt/ curd-1 cup
- Chick peas flour/ besan – 3 teaspoons
- Water about 2.5 cups for the gravy
- Few Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 3tsps
- In a skillet add the oil, when it gets hot add the mustard seeds. When the mustard starts dancing around, add the cumin seeds and ginger. Fry for 15 seconds.
- Add in the green chily, onion, turmeric and salt. Saute till onion turns translucent.
- Now add all the spices- coriander, cumin,red chilly powder, fennel powder. Fry for 15 seconds.
- Add the chopped spinach and tomato. Cook till tomato gets soft.
- Add the water and bring it to a boil.
- While the water is boiling, mix the chickpea flour and yogurt with a whisk. Whisk vigorously to make sure there are no lumps.
- Slowly stir this yogurt mixture to the spinach tomato mixture. Mix well and simmer the curry for ten minutes. Finally add the chopped coriander leaves. Turn off the heat.
- Check for seasoning and adjust.
Few other recipes you may like