Panakam is a traditional drink made during Sri Rama Navami, the birth of Lord Rama. It is also a great summer cooler.It can be served at room temperature or chilled to beat the summer heat.
Panakam is alaso referred as Panaga or Panaka.
You can serve the pankam chilled or at room temperature. In the summer serve it chilled to beat the summer heat.
Panakam is a very traditional drink made during Sri Rama Navami. Few other dishes prepared during Sri Rama Navami are vada pappu, chalimindi and pulihora.
Ingredients needed to make Panakam –
- Lemon Juice
- Ginger powder
- Black pepper
- Cardamom and
FEW MORE SUMMER DRINKS :
Panagam | Panakam
- ¼ cup grated jaggery or to taste
- pinch of dry ginger powder
- pinch of cardamom powder
- 2 pinches of black pepper powder
- 2 tsps lemon juice or to taste
- 2 cups of water
- Add the grated jaggery to the water and mix till jaggery dissolves completely.
- Strain the mixture to remove any impurities.
- Add the ginger powder, pepper powder,cardamom and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Enjoy this drink after the neivedyam to Lord Rama.
- If enjoying in summer, add few ice cubes or chill before serving.