Last Updated on
Check out my other Indian Curry’s –
- Paneer- 10 oz/280 gms (Cut to cube size pieces)
- Mushrooms – about 12 sliced
- Medium onion- 1 thinly sliced
- Red juicy tomato- 2 chopped
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Tomato paste – 1 tsp
- Bay leaf -2
- Cinnamon stick -1
- Powdered Coriander leaves – 1tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- A generous pinch of Kasoori methi
- Milk – 1/2 to 1 cup
- Heavy cream few tsps
- Water for the gravy
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- Sugar – 1/4th tsp (optional)
- Cut the paneer to cube size pieces and pan fry them till light brown. Set a side.
- In a wide skillet add the oil, followed by bay leaves, cloves, Cinnamon. Fry for few seconds. Add the onion, turmeric powder and some salt.Fry till onion turn translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste. Fry for few seconds. Now add the coriander powder, garam masala and red chilly powder. Fry for few seconds.
- Add the mushroom and fry for five minutes.
- Add the tomato. Cook till they turn soft. Now add the tomato paste and mix.
- Add the milk, water and Kasoori methi. Add in the pan fried tofu and let the curry simmer for ten minutes in a low flame.
- Finally add the cream, necessary salt, lemon juice, sugar and coriander leaves.Give one final mix and turn off the heat.
- Let stay for few minutes before serving.
Serve Paneer Mushroom Masala with Nan!
Note: If you dont have heavy cream, whole milk will work as well.