Last Updated on
- Moong dal – 1cup
- Jaggery- 1 1/4th cup
- Milk- 3 cups
- water- 3 cups
- Cardamom pods- 3
- Few cashews and a tbsp of ghee
- toasted poppy seeds (gasaalu)- 3tsps
- grated fresh coconut- 4tsps
- and handful of cashews
Grind the above ingredients with half a cup of milk to a smooth paste.
- Cook moong dal in two cups of water. Make sure to not over cook it. The dal should still hold its shape. Keep it on a side.
- Now in a different vessel add a cup of water and jaggery. Cook it till the jaggery is completely melted. Then add the ground mixture with 3 cups of milk. On a medium heat cook for ten minutes.
- Now add the cooked moong dal and stir till everything is well combined. Now simmer this whole mixture for another ten minutes in a low heat.
- Turn of the heat.Lastly add the cardamom powder and also fry some cashew in ghee and add it to the payasam.