Pineapple Chaat – sweet, spicy and tangy chaat made with fresh pineapple pieces.
WHAT IS CHAAT?
Chaat or Chat ( means to lick) is a savory snack from India. They are typically served in road side stalls and have complex flavors which give you sweet, tangy, salty and spicy taste in every bite.
Chaat can be made with vegetables, lentils or even fruits. Chaats made with seasonal fruit is very common with the street vendors.
This Pineapple Chaat is so refreshing and comes together in just few minutes. Fresh Pineapple is tossed with Chaat Masala ( made of dry mango, cumin, coriander, ginger and black salt), red chili powder, lime juice and fresh mint.
Simple but so good!
Pineapple – fresh ripe but slightly firm pineapple works great in this recipe
Chaat Masala – is a blend of different spices predominantly mango powder. It is easily available in Indian stores.
Kashmiri red chili powder – gives a beautiful color but very mild.
Black Salt ( not in the picture) – just a small pinch. If not available use regular salt.
Mint – use fresh mint for best taste
Step by Step Method –
1- Wash the pineapple, cut the top and the bottom off and make circles. Peel and core the pineapple and cut them to bite size pieces.
2 – In a large bowl add the cut pineapple pieces, ¼ teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder, chaat masala, sugar, lime juice ( just a little), black salt and chopped mint.
3- Toss gently and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
This Pineapple Chaat can be enjoyed as a snack or as a part of the meal.
Frequently Asked Questions:
It is easily available in Indian store.
More Chaat Recipes-
Sprouted Green Moong Dal Chaat
If you tried this Pineapple Chaat, do share your feedback in the comment section below. For more recipes, follow me on Facebook and Instagram.
Pineapple Chaat Recipe
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut to bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala or to taste
- ½ teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder or to taste
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- pinch of black salt
- few mint leaves, finely chopped
- Wash the pineapple, cut the top and the bottom off and make circles. Peel and core the pineapple and cut them to bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl add the cut pineapple pieces, half the kashmiri red chili powder, chaat masala, sugar, lime juice ( just a little), black salt and chopped mint.
- Toss gently and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve the Pineapple chaat with a sprinkle of red chili powder on the top.
Leave a Reply