Pressure cooker Pasta, is a quick, easy and delicious one pot meal. Fresh pureed tomatoes , veggies and spices are cooked with dry pasta in a pressure cooker. Perfect dish to make for those busy week day dinners.
Pasta dishes are equally popular with kids and adults. Its fairly easy to whip up a pasta dish. Traditionally we cook the pasta separately and then add the sauce.
How about adding all the ingredients in one pot and cook it in less than 30 minutes?
You may be wondering if I am talking about Instant Pot. Not really…..
I am talking about the traditional pressure cooker…..
You can make the perfectly cooked pasta in a regular pressure cooker. Iuse fresh tomato puree in this recipe, not store bought tomato sauce. The best part about this recipe is the easy clean up, as we use just use one utensil.
Here are few pasta recipes from my blog –
Pasta made in Pressure Cooker
- Pressure cooker
- 1 cup dry pasta ( I used rotini)
- 4 medium Tomato, pureed in a mixer
- ½ cup green beans
- ⅓ cups carrots
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cheese or to taste
- ½ tsp red chilly flakes or to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- ½ tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, green beans and carrot. Set a side.
- Wash the tomatoes and puree them in a mixer.
- In a pressure cooker, add the olive oil.When the oil gets hot, add the onion and cook for till soft, about three minutes.
- Now add the crushed garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the green beans and carrot. Saute for two to three minutes.
- Add the chilly flakes, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Now add the fresh tomato puree, salt and sugar. Cook the whole mixture for three to four minutes.
- add dry pasta and two cups of water in to the cooker.
- Mix well and close the lid and put the whistle.
- Pressure cook the pasta in medium flame for two whistles
- Wait until the steam releases naturally.
- Give a mix and add the grated cheese and fresh parsley. Combine well and cook for another five minutes. Adjust the seasoning and serve with extra cheese.