Rasgulla Ice Cream – an amazing cold dessert made with rasgulla, ice cream, strawberry and almonds. Its super easy make a head recipe which will be loved by kids and adults. Try this rasgulla ice cream for diwali, hoil, in summer or any occasion.
My collection of 25 Indian Sweets and also check out 5 quick and easy diwali sweets made under 15 minutes.
I am very excited to share this recipe today.Its a fun and interesting recipe because of the combination of ingredients.
You may have eaten the combination of gulab jamun and ice cream, but the combination of rasgulla and vanilla ice cream ?
But let me tell you this just works…… and its too good.
Sometime back one of my dear friends gave me a dessert recipe which uses rasgulla, vanilla ice cream and strawberry. The combination sounded very interesting, so came home and immediately tried it. I also added few slivered almonds to the Ice cream cake. . It was an instant hit with my family and friends.
Do try the recipe, I can guarantee you will definitely fall in love with it.
If you are looking for more cold desserts, please do take a look at my
Here is my collection of 25 diwali sweets and smoothie and lassi recipes.
Watch the rasgulla ice cream video here
Ingredients to make Rasgulla Ice Cream
Rasgulla Ice Cream
- Plain Vanilla Ice cream- 4 cups
- Rasgulla- about 7 pieces
add more if you like more rasgulla chunks in the ice cream
- 6 Strawberry
cut to small pieces
- 2 tbsp Slivered Almonds
plus extra for garnish
- Take out the vanilla ice cream from the freezer, leave it on the kitchen counter for 10 minutes. we are looking for slightly soft texture, but not runny.
- Meanwhile, take the Rasgulla out. You can go with either canned rasgulla, home made or store bought. I used canned rasgulla.
- Take each rasgulla and gently squeeze out the syrup. Dont make it too dry, little moisture in the rasgulla is ok.
- Squeeze out the syrup from the rest of the rasgulla and place them in a bowl.
- Crumble the rasgulla, few little chunks here and there is ok.
- Clean the strawberry, pat them dry.
- Cut the strawberry into small pieces.
- By now, the ice cream must have softened.
- In a bowl add the softened ice cream, crumbled rasgulla and mix it.
- Add the chopped strawberry and slivered almonds to the ice cream and rasgulla mixture.
- Gently mix until well combined. Transfer it to a container with a lid.
- Freeze for at least three to four hours or until you are ready to serve.
- If freezing overnight, remove the rasgulla ice cream from the freezer at least 15 minutes in advance. It helps with easy scooping.
- Garnish with slivered almonds before serving.
Going to try. Looks yummy
Would love to hear your feedback!
Gonna try this soon dear. thank for sharing
Surely try it. Very good idea.
wow!Looks perfect & came out nicely…Thanks for sharing with Event :Cook like a Celebrity Chef
Good Luck Madhu and keep posting.