Last Updated on
(Makes about 15 medium cutlets)
- Sago/ Sabudan / Tapioca Pearls/ Saggu Biyyam – 3/4 th cup
- Medium Potato – 2
- Roasted Peanuts – 1/2 cup
- Finely cut Green chilly – 6
- Grated Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Cumin powder – 1/4 th tsp or Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsps.
- Few Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste and
- Oil to pan fry the cutlets
- Wash the Sabudan and soak them in just enough water for atleast 4 hours. After 4 hrs when you press the sabudan it should be soft. Drain them to remove any excess water.
- Boil the potatoes. Peel and mash them
- In a mortar coarsely grind the peanuts.
- In a big bowl add the sabudan and gently smash it few times.
- Add the mashed potato, ground peanuts, ginger, green chilly, cumin, coriander leaves, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix well. Take about lemon size of the mix and make a patty.
- Repeat with the rest of the sabudan mix.
- Heat a non stick pan, drizzle some oil and pan fry the cutlets on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve the Sabudan cutlets with hot tomato sauce