Last Updated on
Savory cucumber lassi recipe – Lassi is a very popular yogurt based drink from India. There are different varieties of lassies. It can be either sweet or salty. A simple savory lassi generally has plain yogurt, water, spices and salt. This is generally the base of any savory lassi recipe. Lassi is a great soothing drink during the summer time.
Today i have added cucumber, coriander leaves, green chilly (optional), ginger and salt to the lassi. Cucumber has great health benefits. It keeps you hydrated and flushes out the toxins. Its helps to reduce the acidity too. The addition of cucumber in the Lassi, helps to cool down the palate after a spicy meal.
In addition to the above method, i also make lassi with spinach and kale. These greens have a good amount of vitamin A and C, they also have a good amount of calcium in them. I will post these recipes soon.
When it comes to sweet lassis, the most popular one is the mango lassi. check out my mango lassi.
If you are looking for more lassi recipe, please do check out my plain salted lassi ,
savory cucumber lassi video recipe-
savory cucumber lassi recipe –
- Chilled plain yogurt- 1 cup
- Chopped cucumber - 1 cup
- Green chilly- 1 ( seeds removed)
- Ginger - ¼ inch piece
- Coriander leaves- ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Few Ice cubes - (optional)
- Add the cucumber, green chilly, ginger, corainder leaves, yogurt, ice and salt in a blender. Puree it till smooth.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and drink in few hours.
- If you like it spicy you can add the green chilly seeds as well.