Last Updated on
- Eggs- 4
- Med onions-1
- Green bell pepper – 1 sliced
- Green chillies-2
- Red chilly powder- 1/2 tsp
- Asafetida (hing)- two pinches
- Cilantro for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste and
- Tempering ingredients
- Boil the eggs, remove the shell. Cut the egg to half and remove the yolk. Further cut the eggs and makes eight pieces from each egg. Keep the yolks on the side.
- In a non stick skillet put a tsp of oil and fry these egg pieces for just about two minutes to get a slight brown color on them. Keep on the side.
- Do the tadka or tempering by adding 3 tsp oil. When the oil gets hot add half tsp of mustard seeds, 1 tsp chana dal, 1 tsp jeera and hing. Fry for few seconds. Then add the green chillies,onions and bell pepper.
- Cook till the onions become soft. Now add the tomatoes, red chillie powder and salt .Cook for few minutes. Then add the eggs and some water and cook till everything comes together. Now add chopped cilantro and one yolk to the gravy. Turn off the heat. Finally add the lemon juice.Serve with rice or roti.