sooji halwa using condensed milk– sooji halwa is one of the most easiest Indian sweets to make. Its a very popular sweet made all corss India. Its called sooji or suji ka halwa in hindi, sheera in marathi/hindi, rava kesari in telugu and kesari bath in karnataka.
Condensed milk is made by reducing sugar and milk till it gets a thick creamy consistency. Condensed milk is popularly called as milk maid in India. The addition of condensed milk, makes the halwa more creamier and tasty.
I already have a recipe in the blog for sooji ka halwa with water. Have you ever tried making the sooji ka halwa in pressure cooker. Do try it, its the fool proof recipe in getting the most moist sooji halwa.
For more halwa recipes, please do take a look at it.
suji ka halwa video-
Sooji ka halwa using condensed milk-
(Makes about 10 to 12pieces)
- Semolina (Sooji, Rava)- ½ cup
- Water-1 ½ cups
- Sweet condensed milk (or adjust acc to ur taste)- ¾th – 1 cup
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) -3 tsp
- Cardamoms pods finely powdered -2
- a pinch of saffron and
- A handful of cashew nuts
- In a skillet put half teaspoon of ghee and fry the cashews till light golden color. Remove and keep it a side.
- In the same pan put half teaspoon of ghee and lightly toast the rava in a low heat and keep it a side.
- Now take 1 ½ cups of water and saffron (slightly rub the saffron in your palm, it helps it melt in the water easily) and let them come to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and slowly add the toasted rava and stir continuously for five minutes.
- When it starts to thicken, add the condensed milk stirring continuously and making sure the rava doesn’t stick the pan.
- Cook for another five minutes. Then finally add one teaspoon of ghee, cashews and the cardamom powder.
- Coat a tray with some ghee and pour the Sooji halwa in the tray. With the help of ghee spread the halwa and let it sit for few minutes.
- This helps the halwa to thicken. Then cut into desired shape and serve your loved once.